flex-users mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Urgent Request. Scorlling MAC OS
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2014 18:37:15 GMT
Well, this makes it more clear what problem you are facing.  I haven't had to deal with it,
maybe someone else has.  First thing I would try is setting up a listener in the HTML/JS wrapper
to see if you can get the event there.

From: Ronny Shibley <rshibley@codefish.com<mailto:rshibley@codefish.com>>
Date: Monday, January 27, 2014 10:26 AM
To: aharui <aharui@adobe.com<mailto:aharui@adobe.com>>, "users@flex.apache.org<mailto:users@flex.apache.org>"
<users@flex.apache.org<mailto:users@flex.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Urgent Request. Scorlling MAC OS

Thank you Alex. It's just that we've been using Flex for for the past 4 years and fortunately
for us we've managed without bothering anyone on the mailing list... The first question I
ever post, i get no response.

I will use the mailing list and will try being more explicit onwards.

Anyway, I did some more digging and i found threads related to my issue... Might help shed
some light.

AIR applications and Flash ignore horizontal scrolling in OS X.
In OS X, there is system-wide support for multidirectional (horizontal and vertical) scrolling.
On laptops, this is accessed by moving two fingers together on the touchpad. On any mac, this
is accessible through the 2-dimensional scroll ball on the mighty mouse. Flash/AIR recognizes
the vertical component of this motion just fine, but completely ignores the horizontal component,
even when interacting with a UI element that has both a horizontal and a vertical scroll bar
Bug Base
https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=2444589

PS: This is extremely important for us as we have a calendar implemented with s:DataGrid it
has over 50 columns. On Mac users are not being able to scroll horizontally by swiping two
fingers right or left on the touch pad. Instead it's taking them away from the page. This
behavior works fine on other html websites.

I'm open for any suggestion or a practical workarounds.

Thanks Again.

Kind Regards,

Ronny Shibley, Eng

Software Architect | Codefish | www.codefish.com<http://www.codefish.com>