flex-users mailing list archives

From Jake Churchill <reyna...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OSX 10.9 Debugging
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2014 01:03:51 GMT
Jesse & Alex,

Thank you for pointing me in these directions.  The resources and the idea
that ports could be closed by firewalls got me thinking so I tried
telnetting to the ports.  The issue ended up being that localhost was not
accessible.  I had copied over a large hosts file from another machine
(which worked fine in other versions of Mac OSX) but this one apparently
doesn't like it.  Also, Apparently adding your machine name to the host
file is required to make a valid loopback?  Not sure about that, but it
helped (Added this:  127.0.0.1    Jake's Macbook.local)

Once I added that and rebuilt my hosts file several lines at a time, things
worked great, on both mobile and web.

Thanks again!

-Jake