flex-users mailing list archives

From f...@dfguy.us
Subject Re: O'Reilly Apache Flex book help
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2014 15:22:47 GMT
I would just like to comment that I have followed the flash platform closely for years and
have always just enjoyed doing work with it. As it improved while I was getting my degree
years ago and grew my professional experience I was always very happy and excited about it.
I was just really digging into flex and combining it with serious enterprise applications
in a massive company in a perfectly logical and appropriate way with all kinds of opportunity
when all of this ridiculous flash madness was unleashed on everyone. I have continued to study
the platform and follow things even after Adobe literally shot itself in the foot for whatever
bizarre reasons it had. I'm very happy to see things continuing positively at Apache. Perhaps
this is what needed to happen in order for the platform to work with enterprise given Adobes
focus more on graphics and gaming given their target audience of creatives or whatever it
is that is going on with them.

I wrote a personal project using Apache flex mobile and it works great! I was able to write
a few simple pop we services and flex literally just eats json data and does what you want!
It's great! If there was a way to just trick or force Adobe to support their own dang platform
I wish I could do that lol!

David

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Ent <pent@adobe.com>
To: "users@flex.apache.org" <users@flex.apache.org>
Sent: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 9:01 AM
Subject: Re: O'Reilly Apache Flex book help

To anyone who is interested in working on this project with Joseph: I
worked with him a few years ago on the WROX Press book, "Adobe Flex 3",
with a number of other authors. Joseph is a really good project leader and
helped guide me through the process and help me shape the chapters I wrote.

I think Flex is doing really well, especially given the number of
downloads it gets with each release. It is surprising that it gets panned
sometimes as being 'dead' or going away considering all of the activity.
The focus on the mobile platform is so strong at the moment so I hope that
is a major element in the book.

I don't have time to participate on the book project due to personal
commitments, but I think anyone who does participate will enjoy the
process.

Best,
Peter Ent
Adobe Systems