flex-users mailing list archives

From Jeffry Houser <jef...@dot-com-it.com>
Subject Re: O'Reilly Apache Flex book help
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2014 22:26:54 GMT
On 1/24/2014 5:10 PM, Justin Mclean wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Well, I just heard back from O'Reilly. And unfortunately they're not interested
>> in publishing an Apache Flex book of any kind
> While it would of been nice to have them as a publisher (print book, distribution, marketing
etc etc) do we actually need a publisher?

> In this day and age it's easy enough to publish ebooks.

   I was thinking the same thing.  The big benefit of having a
traditional publisher is that they can get 'paper copy' books into real
bookstores.
   The real drawback of 'paper' books in real bookstores is that
programmers will never know this book existed.

--
Jeffry Houser
Technical Entrepreneur