flex-users mailing list archives

From "a00s@a00s.com" <a...@a00s.com>
Subject Re: O'Reilly Apache Flex book help
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2014 05:07:29 GMT
Hi

     Wish list, that I think it is important to those who want to start.
Just my opinion, things that took me long time to understand, that could
be very simple and quickly if I could found in one place.

1) How to download Flex. Looks stupid but once you download and install
you start to wondering. OK now what I do? It was my first reaction when
moved to apache. It was my first time downloading separately from Adobe
builder.
2) How to setup Flex with adobe builder
3) How to setup Flex with Intelij
4) Probably the most important in my view: How to connect a flex
application with a database (maybe how to setup tomcat, blazeds)
5) How to use external resourses with Flex like javascript. To show that
Flex its not a competitor of other languages but a language to build the
entire application, doesnt matter if will need to put together
javascript, applet...
6) Show how to make 3d objects, not sure if the 3rd solution will allow
this one.
7) How to print. Any business application will need that at some point,
and many times we need a clear text to print, not a postscript image,
maybe how to convert in PDF.
8) How to check why your application is crashing the browser and how to
debug.

thanks for starting this book

Thiago Maia