flex-users mailing list archives

From Joseph Balderson <n...@joeflash.ca>
Subject Re: O'Reilly Apache Flex book help
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2014 02:51:24 GMT
You'll do fine, Justin. As long as you're willing to put in the time to read and
double-read the entire book (usually as it's written chapter by chapter), and
you have an eye for technical detail (which I figure you do ;), you don't need
traditional editing experience. I've tech edited several books myself, what's
required is a knowledgeable person who knows the tech looking out for errata
before the book goes to press. All I need to know is if you can spare the time.

Thanks,

Joseph Balderson, Flex & Flash Platform Developer :: http://joeflash.ca
Author, Professional Flex 3 :: http://tinyurl.com/proflex3book

Justin Mclean wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Note that I'll need an official "tech editor",
> You said you wanted an experienced tech editor - not really sure I qualify.
>
> While I know Flex and Apache Flex well and have just finished writing a book myself (so
have some familiarity with the process) I've not been a tech editor for a book before.