flex-users mailing list archives

From Paul Hastings <paul.hasti...@gmail.com>
Subject minor MobileGrid issue
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2014 06:24:56 GMT
the experimental MobileGrid is pretty slick, covers most of what we need in a
datagrid for mobile & is pretty snappy even with 100s of rows of data.

i think we've run into a minor issue w/its display. in a case when there are
enough rows to fully fill a mobile datagrid component w/a fixed height & width,
the component seems to overflow itself & leak out into any components below it.

this case:
- nexus7 (2013),
- portrait mode,
- the mobile datagrid's height & width are fixed (ie not expressed in %),
- has only two columns, one filled by a label function (i guess that makes the
rows variable in height but i didn't see an option for that, guess its automagic)
- data is just text
- MobileGrid overflows onto a row of buttons below it in a HGroup
- noticed when scrolling the rows up, there's a row of whitespace at the bottom

our workaround is to shove a 30pixel spacer between the grid & the buttons.

is this known behavior or are we doing something wrong? i think we're
understanding how the component works & its use here is pretty simple:

<ns:MobileGrid id="metersDG" dataProvider="{searchResults}" height="600"
width="950">
  <ns:columns>
   <ns:MobileGridColumn dataField="meterID" headerText="Meter ID" width="225"/>
   <ns:MobileGridColumn dataField="name" headerText="Customer"
     labelFunction="customerLabeler" width="700"/>
  </ns:columns>
</ns:MobileGrid>

changing the height doesn't fix it, neither does top/bottom padding, only the
spacer hack.

thanks.