flex-users mailing list archives

From modjkl...@comcast.net
Subject setting page title dynamically using ExternalInterface.call()
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2014 04:26:15 GMT
Anyone know how to dynamically set the page title? I've seen various posts using ExternalInterface,
but haven't been able to get it working with variables (hardcoded strings work fine though).
Here's my latest attempt:

    var titleStr:String="window.document.title='"+userName+"'";
    ExternalInterface.call("eval('" + titleStr + "')");

Running this doesn't update the existing page title text.

[I prefer not to require a javascript function in HTML, and also prefer to avoid browserManager.]

Is there a simple way to get variables included somehow using ExternalInterface?

Some related blogs:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1012175

http://flexdevtips.blogspot.com/2008/12/dynamically-changing-browser-title-in.html