flex-users mailing list archives

From Greg Huddleston <ghuddles...@reachips.com>
Subject Re: New Years resolution, type casting
Date Tue, 31 Dec 2013 20:15:15 GMT
ouch!  you are making my head hurt thinking about PL1 / algol paradox et al.

lol  happy new year to all  //GregH

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 31, 2013, at 12:12 PM, "Davidson, Jerry" <Jerry.Davidson@Illinois.gov> wrote:

> I started in PL/1 in the late 70s.  I'm always happy to find someone else that was working
with it.  Didn't start PC stuff until Paradox.

hacking Flex for the past 3 years getting along nicely, before Flex I never worked with an
object based language

> My son 28 codes with me, for the past 2 years we have work on different areas of the
same app

> So my New Years resolution is to understand the AS as I never use AS (type casting) ,
Chris makes use of the AS all the time, does anyone want to help me understand AS and make
my resolution, or am I too old :(