flex-users mailing list archives

From Justin Ransom Dallas <justindal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Understand when mouse stop
Date Tue, 24 Dec 2013 20:39:30 GMT
The only way I can think to have a MouseStopped type of event, because
there isn't one listed
here<http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/events/MouseEvent.html>,
is kind of hackish.  I would add a MouseEvent.Mouse_Move listener to the
top application/stage instance, in the event handler, I would start a timer
with a timeout of some sort, say 2000 ms.  After 2000ms, I would then kick
off my "MouseStopped" logic.  You would just have to make sure you handle
your references and handlers properly so they don't build up and possibly
degrade performance.