flex-users mailing list archives

From David Coleman <david_coleman_...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: ServerSockect breaks on deactivate/suspend?
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2013 14:05:08 GMT
My initial reaction is that this should stay working in the background... however it may have
something to do with the "suspend" state that iOS applies to an app when locking the device.

https://github.com/robbiehanson/CocoaHTTPServer/issues/10

this appears to be an issue with the native socket implementation.  Perhaps the fork of this
project can be used to hack some fix into the ServerSocket flex class...

> From: Pete.Thomas@dunnhumby.com
> To: users@flex.apache.org
> Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 11:01:13 +0000
> Subject: RE: ServerSockect breaks on deactivate/suspend?
>
> Can you destroy on EVENT.DEACTIVATE?

content that's built into the app.  Works great until I hit the screen lock button on the
iPad.
> After that point my ServerSocket stops working.
>
> On Event.ACTIVATE, I can create a new ServerSocket on a different port, and that works.
 But the previous ServerSocket won't, nor can I destroy it and start a new one on the SAME
port (which is really what I need to do).

> Thoughts?  Questions?  thanks.
>

> --
> dunnhumby limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales with registered
number 02388853 and VAT registered number 927 5871 83.
> Our registered office is at Aurora House, 71-75 Uxbridge Road, London W5 5SL.
> The contents of this message and any attachments to it are confidential and may be legally
privileged.
> If you have received this message in error you should delete it from your system immediately
and advise the sender.
> dunnhumby may monitor and record all emails. The views expressed in this email are those
of the sender and not those of dunnhumby.