flex-users mailing list archives

From Pete Thomas <Pete.Tho...@dunnhumby.com>
Subject RE: ServerSockect breaks on deactivate/suspend?
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2013 11:01:13 GMT
Can you destroy on EVENT.DEACTIVATE?

-----Original Message-----
From: fredrossperry [mailto:fredrossperry@gmail.com]
Sent: 10 December 2013 23:53
To: users@flex.apache.org
Subject: ServerSockect breaks on deactivate/suspend?

Building an iOS app using FlashBuilder 4.7 and Apache Flex 4.11.
Using ServerSocket to make an in-app HTTP server so I can use StageWebView to view HTML5/Javascript
content that's built into the app.  Works great until I hit the screen lock button on the
iPad.
After that point my ServerSocket stops working.

On Event.ACTIVATE, I can create a new ServerSocket on a different port, and that works.  But
the previous ServerSocket won't, nor can I destroy it and start a new one on the SAME port
(which is really what I need to do).

Thoughts?  Questions?  thanks.

dunnhumby limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales with registered number
02388853 and VAT registered number 927 5871 83.
Our registered office is at Aurora House, 71-75 Uxbridge Road, London W5 5SL.
The contents of this message and any attachments to it are confidential and may be legally
privileged.
If you have received this message in error you should delete it from your system immediately
and advise the sender.
dunnhumby may monitor and record all emails. The views expressed in this email are those of
the sender and not those of dunnhumby.