flex-users mailing list archives

From modjkl...@comcast.net
Subject is there a way to auto-size width of component?
Date Sun, 01 Dec 2013 18:21:58 GMT
I have a spark FormItem containing a spark TextInput. Throughout the app this is made visible
and invisible. When it is invisible, I want the width to be 0 so that it doesn't effect the
layout other (visible) form items.

Is there a simple way upon turning it back to visible, that I can have it auto-size itself
to the correct width, or must I hardcode the width? Just curious, as I have a lot of such
FormItems, and an auto-size method would save a lot of development time, especially as things
change. For example, if I set the width to be -1, will this trigger the component to auto-size
itself?