flex-users mailing list archives

From Greg Huddleston <ghuddles...@reachips.com>
Subject RE: video on mobile project
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2013 19:03:06 GMT
Hi Federico,

The group may have better/more modern ways to handle this & for this I defer to the groups
collective expertise.

What 'I' have done in the past in a pinch when I was in a hurry for a solution; is to convert
all video to FLV format.

If this fits what you are trying to do then I suggest you use the (free) FFMPEG to convert
Google around for hints I have used something like this in the recent past:

      ffmpeg -i source.mp4 -c:v libx264 -ar 22050 -crf 28 destinationfile.flv

If you are trying to play youtube there are also tutorials around that used to work but I
think Youtube keeps altering their security model so YMMV on these working longer term.

If I can locate my sample code that worked I will post it to you.

Good luck  //GregH

-----Original Message-----
From: Federico De Maddalena [mailto:f.demaddalena@patente.it]
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2013 10:52 AM
To: users@flex.apache.org
Subject: video on mobile project

i spent a lot of time trying to display a video on a cross platform (ios
+ adnroid) application based on flex 4.12 beta and air 3,9, developed
with flash builder 7 (as + mxml)

i tryed stagewebview, stagevideo, videoplayer component, video but i've not find a unique
solution.

stagewebview run weel on ios, but not in android. videoplayer component doesn't work on ios.
with stagevideo I've only audio but no video is displayed...
...i'm desperately searching a solution!!!!
any ideas?
probably i'm just newbies...

sorry for my bad english but i'm exausted!
thanks
federico