flex-users mailing list archives

From Devesh Mishra <Devesh.Mis...@mastek.com>
Subject RE: Spark Button textAlign
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2013 04:51:25 GMT
Hi Sumudu,

I am completely agree with Evyatar what he has said. Even I have done the same and it's working
fine.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sumudu Chinthaka [mailto:csumudu@gmail.com]
Sent: 18 December 2013 06:18
To: users@flex.apache.org
Subject: Re: Spark Button textAlign

also i have notice if i set 'color' 'fontSize' it works but textAlign does
not work
and in Button Class i can see [Exclude(name="textAlign", kind="style")]

does it have anything to do with my problem

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 5:15 AM, Sumudu Chinthaka <csumudu@gmail.com> wrote:

> Really appreciate your advice but still i'm failing to get this done
>
> i have copied ButtonSkin class and created MyButtonSkin class which now
> extends from ButtonSkinBase and remove super.createChildren call and
> include ButtonSkinBase createChildren content inside
> MyButtonSkin createChildren content
> and set the textAlign property, but with no luck
>
> i am attaching my Skin class here please please tell me what am i doing
> wrong
>
> Thanks
> Sumudu
>

> On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 4:37 AM, Maurice Amsellem <
> maurice.amsellem@systar.com> wrote:
>
>> You can copy the default skin of course, like Evyatar suggests.  That's
>> the preferred solution.
>>
>> Regarding your initial approach of setting the textAlign style of
>> labelDisplay, it didn't work because it was done too early in
>> createChildren.
>>
>> If you do it after the components have been created, and their properties
>> /styles set,
>> for example by overriding initialized() or by adding a handler to
>> creationComplete, then it will work.
>>
>>   override public function set initialized(value: Boolean): void {
>>         super.initialized = value;
>>        UIComponent( labelDisplay).setStyle("textAlign", "left");
>>     }
>>
>> Maurice

MASTEK LTD.
In the US, we're called MAJESCOMASTEK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual and not that of Mastek Limited,
unless specifically indicated to that effect. Mastek Limited does not accept any responsibility
or liability for it. This e-mail and attachments (if any) transmitted with it are confidential
and/or privileged and solely for the use of the intended person or entity to which it is addressed.
Any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use of or taking of any action in reliance
upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
This e-mail and its attachments have been scanned for the presence of computer viruses. It
is the responsibility of the recipient to run the virus check on e-mails and attachments before
opening them. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly delete this e-mail from desktop
and server.