flex-users mailing list archives

From Tom Berry <tombe...@yopmail.com>
Subject Flex Application Stage Size and Scaling
Date Mon, 30 Dec 2013 04:42:52 GMT
I am trying to create a Web and Desktop flex application for people who may
have less than perfect vision. I would like to allow the users to magnify
everything on the screen (including text, buttons, images, etc.) if
necessary. I have gotten the magnification step down using the following
code in the main Application

var matrix:Matrix = this.transform.matrix;
var scale:Number = 2;
matrix.scale(scale, scale);
this.transform.matrix = matrix; // this refers to the main Application

Of course, by doing so, the Flex Application will be too big for the Flash
Player window and only the top left quarter of the application is visible. I
figure the next step is to decrease the Flex Application stage size by 50%
to compensate. For some reasons, I can't figure out how to change the stage
size of the Flex Application so that it only occupies the top left quarter
of the Flash Player window.

Any thoughts? Thanks a lot!