flex-users mailing list archives

From "Kessler CTR Mark J" <mark.kessler....@usmc.mil>
Subject RE: secure url for crossdomain.xml file
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2013 19:27:47 GMT
If you're using your own config.xml you can override the settings for them.  The default RSL
paths are in the flex-config file [1].  You can copy those "runtime-shared-library-path" blocks
to your config.xml and change them to be https:// as needed.

[1] Flex-sdk\frameworks\flex-config.xml

-Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Jesse Ward-Karet [mailto:jwk@tanium.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 2:04 PM
To: users@flex.apache.org
Subject: secure url for crossdomain.xml file

Sorry if this is an "ask Adobe" or "ask Google" question.

I'm still using Adobe Flex 4.7 for my production product. Our SWFs are
generally served from an https url. If Flash player decides it needs to
load any RSLs, it makes an insecure request to
http://fpdownload.adobe.com/pub/swz/crossdomain.xml, which can trigger
browser alerts

I tried hitting https://fpdownload.adobe.com/pub/swz/crossdomain.xml and
that seems to work, so my question is, does anybody know how to force flash
player to use the https url instead of http?

I know I can avoid this problem by static linking my RSLs, which is
absolutely an option, but I'd like to explore both possibilities.

Thanks,
Jesse