flex-users mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Possible bug in MouseEvent handling
Date Wed, 20 Nov 2013 22:13:54 GMT

On 11/20/13 9:43 AM, "MVBaker" <mike.baker@RelianceInteractive.com> wrote:

>I don't know enough about the code to tell what would be the best fix.
NP, someone else will try to fix it.  Especially if you can drum up more
votes for it.

>I'm
>not familiar with the *why* part of changing the cancellable property.
The purpose is to know that some other child already reacted to the
mouseevent so that you don't have to.

>I was
>just thinking that if we did a copy then it would definitely work in the
>same fashion for all cases without having to be maintained in the future
>for
>changes to the base class.
AFAIK, there is no API to do so.  Or at least, one that is efficient.

>For some reason (again, not sure why they did this) they specifically
>chose
>cancelable = false for their use of the class. I wonder if they were aware
>of this behavior when they did. How long has it been this way?
I'm not sure who "they" is.  I believe MouseEvent is defined as not
cancelable by the W3C.

-Alex