flex-users mailing list archives

From Dhananjay D <Dhanan...@ramco.com>
Subject Re: Capture User Interaction within Flex App
Date Fri, 29 Nov 2013 15:04:43 GMT
Thanks for the advice.
I will consider your inputs and see how it comes out.

Regards
Dhananjay

Sent from my Handheld.

----- Original Message -----
From: Maurice Amsellem <maurice.amsellem@systar.com>
To: users@flex.apache.org <users@flex.apache.org>
Sent: Fri Nov 29 20:14:01 2013
Subject: RE: Capture User Interaction within Flex App

>The idea is to understand client issues for a web application.

Be careful about memory and CPU requirements.

Common video/screen capture software will use advanced video & memory compression and
streaming techniques to keep the recorded video at a decent size.
Typical 60s full screen video recording generated by JING is only  5MB in size, so can easily
be sent through the internet, eg. for diagnosis.

http://www.techsmith.com/jing.html  (Free version available)

In Flex, the size of ONE 1280x1024 frame is 5MB uncompressed  ( and around 300KB compressed
in PNG, but png encoding is CPU intensive).

I think you don't realize yet what trouble you are going into if you try to do the recording
yourself, in Flex or ActionScript.

Good  luck...

Maurice