flex-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Doroshko <alexander.doros...@jetbrains.com>
Subject Re: Flex SDK 4.11 and workers.
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2013 09:57:04 GMT
Hi,
Apache Flex SDK (all versions) includes debugger tool (fdb) that is not
able to debug ActionScript workers and when you launch any app with
workers for debugging it will most likely hang.
Adobe AIR SDK bundle that includes ActionScript Compiler 2.0 also
includes an updated version of fdb tool that is able to debug
ActionScript workers. Unfortunately donating the source code of this
updated fdb from Adobe to Apache takes some time. The process is in
progress since February when I first reported it to the Apache Flex dev
team, but not finished yet.

By default Apache Flex SDK is installed together with 'reduced' AIR SDK
that contains neither ActionScript Compiler 2.0, nor fdb tool that is
able to debug AS workers. That's why switching to standalone AIR SDK
3.9, or writing it over 4.11 fixes the problem partially.

I said 'partially' because currently IntelliJ IDEA doesn't support
debugging of ActionScript workers even if the SDK contains 'correct' fdb
tool. You won't have any problems with app execution and with [trace]
statements both form main app and from workers. Though breakpoints won't
work or will work incorrectly in 99% cases. Please watch/vote/comment:
http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-97484

Alexander