flex-users mailing list archives

From Lee Burrows <subscripti...@leeburrows.com>
Subject Re: SQLite query vs. Filtering ArrayCollection
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2013 19:02:30 GMT
i dont think there's a simple answer - it depends on the amount of data
you are dealing with, whether the database is indexed etc. i would say,
the more data to deal with, the more likely that a SQL call would be
quicker (and probably with a lower memory footprint).

to confuse matters, a third option would be to use workers to handle the
filtering in the background.

--
Lee Burrows
ActionScripter