flex-users mailing list archives

From Paul Hastings <paul.hasti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RemoteOperation last result not garbage collected
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2013 05:52:39 GMT
On 11/7/2013 12:12 PM, Alex Harui wrote:
> Isn't it true that lastResult is used in binding expressions which is why
> it has to be "sticky?  And don't you normally have references to data from
> the lastResult around in your app until the next invocation?

for remoting w/coldfusion we pretty much always take the results & stick them
into something else or use as a test that the server side process succeeded.
either way nobody cares about the event result after its returned.

in any case, i confused myself when i read maurice's "lastResult" as
"lastRequest" ;-) so, yes it does apply to coldfusion remoting & yes it's
probably a good idea.