flex-users mailing list archives

From Paul Hastings <paul.hasti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RemoteOperation last result not garbage collected
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2013 12:26:35 GMT
On 11/6/2013 8:05 AM, Maurice Amsellem wrote:
> I discovered a not-so-known behavior of RemoteObject that could be useful to the community:
>
> RemoteObject RemoteOperations are keeping a reference to the last call result, that can
be retrieved through lastResult property.
> Most of the time, you don't need that reference, as you will be processing the result
in the result handlers.

interesting find. we have some apps that make a bunch of REST calls to ESRI's
arcGIS server & i guess this would be applicable.

but does this apply to all remoting calls? what about to/from coldfusion or
blazeDS? we've only ever cared about ResultEvents from these & never bothered
w/tokens.