flex-users mailing list archives

From Maurice Amsellem <maurice.amsel...@systar.com>
Subject RE: How to avoid native extension execution?
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2013 19:34:07 GMT
Hi,

Reading some blogs on the topic, it seems that there is another approach to using ANE, than
including the ANE file directly:

Instead of referencing the ANE in the app descriptor, you can package your ANE is a separate
SWC, using ADT,  that has its own deployment descriptor.

In that descriptor, you can say which  file/class is used on which platform, so you can set
it to use a fake class on Desktop.

Example:
adt -package -target ane myextension.ane extension.xml -swc mySwc.swc -platform iPhone-ARM
library.swf libmylib.a -platformoptions myplatformoptions.xml

OR:
adt -package -target ane Output.ane extension.xml -swc VolumeLib.swc -platform iPhone-ARM
-C ios . -platformoptions platformoptions.xml -platform Android-ARM -C android . -platform
default -C default

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/articles/building-ane-ios-android-pt5.html

The sample mobile demo "FlexGame" uses this approach:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/samples/game-of-flex-on-tablets.html

(source is available in the page).

Note: I didn't try what is described in these linkes, so sorry if it doesn't work.

HTH.

Maurice