flex-users mailing list archives

From szheigh <shlomozalmanhe...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Mobile Label Font Family / Font Weight
Date Sun, 24 Nov 2013 16:36:54 GMT
Mark Line wrote
> Hi,
>
> It sounds like you haven't embedded your font into your application. Its
> working on your desktop as you have the font installed.
>
> You will need to embed the font(s) and weighting you need to make sure
> they
> are available on every device/computer

The problem is that according to  this
<http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flex/mobileapps/WS19f279b149e7481c6a9f451212b87fe7e87-8000.html>

, Label doesn't support embedded fonts. This also doesn't explain why bold
doesn't work. Also, the mobile device must have the font because it works
with TextInput and other components.

Evyatar Ben Halevi-Arbib wrote
> Hey,
>
> It also might be related to this bug that exists since AIR 3.8 -
> https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3638337
>
> Regards,
> Evyatar

Thanks, that's probably it. I wish there was a workaround. I guess I'll have
to use a TextInput.

Thank you!

-----
Beware of Newbie - I'm new to AS3 and Flex.