flex-users mailing list archives

From jnc <sss...@gmail.com>
Subject Puffin Browser for Flex
Date Sun, 17 Nov 2013 12:10:20 GMT
If you have Apple or Android smartphone/tablet please try PUFFIN browser
with amazing flash support; very smooth interface for all your flash and
Flex

This is a cloud solution and proxy server based. Would not meet any
stringent security appraisal.
but is amazing technology. For those initiated to Flex is a personal
opportunity.
If you like flash games it has mouse trackpad and also game pad.

I was recently recommended by a Swedish friend to try Puffin.

I am absolutely thrilled that it works fine for many apps in Flex I have
built

http://www.adobe.com/devnet-apps/flex/tourdeflex/web/ a fairly heavyweight
app works fine

Some fairly complex Flex apps I have written works fine; for example
http://ojnc.byethost11.com/reunion/reunion.html User r08 password 4616
http://mis.desconlimited.com/descats/descats.html compiled with latest
Apache Flex 4.10 compiler

Apache Flex Flash-Player 11.1 and swf-version 14 within Puffin limit!

A heaven sent opportunity for all Flex developers

There are lots of developers who find HTML5/JS a minefield and apps hard to
maintain
AIR solution is nice but means maintaining 2 versions; 1 an App and 1 a web
version
App licensing and deployment is pain; Web Flex is best as there are no
restrictions.

The combination of Puffin with Apache Flex is a winner if it captures all
developer imagination as it has mine.

Regards & Thanks
-jnc