flex-users mailing list archives

From Tintin <1955.mille.mig...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: VideoDisplay Performance When Seeking
Date Sat, 09 Nov 2013 08:52:48 GMT
Hello Heinrich

That's an interesting idea. I originally developed this 'slider' in Flash
Professional using the netStream object but there was an update to the Flash
Player web plug in which broke the seek method causing it to only change the
video image once the mouse button had been released, no matter how far it
had been dragged to scrub the video.

I'll try it again in Flex but I was hoping that the Spark VideoDisplay
component would solve my problem, which it nearly does.

After more work yesterday I am now considering managing the HSlider's change
event in my presenter code so that I only issue a seek() if the
HSlider.change value is different. I wonder if many seek commands are being
issued overwhelming the VideoDisplay component.

Regards

Chris