flex-users mailing list archives

From Tintin <1955.mille.mig...@googlemail.com>
Subject VideoDisplay Performance When Seeking
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2013 16:57:02 GMT
Hello

I am creating a simple application which has a Spark VideoDisplay component
above a HSlider. The HSlider value 'drives' the position of the VideoDisplay
allowing the user to scrub the video content. The code in the mxml file is
as follows:

The VideoDisplay source is a local flv file which has a frame rate of 1fps
and a keyframe on every frame.

The movie.bytesLoaded are compared to the total size and only when the
complete movie has been downloaded does the HSlider become enabled.

My mxml 'view' has a 'presenter' actionScript class which, amongst other
things, provides the DebugText value displayed in the Label. This includes
the State of the VideoDisplay object.

When I view the swf file in its default web page everything works, but the
performance is poor. The flv video stutters and I notice that as I drag the
HSlider button the VideoDisplay changes its state to 'Buffering' while the
video picture is visually frozen, then the picture updates (with a jump) to
wherever the HSlider button was.

If the movie has completely downloaded does it still have to be buffering?
Can anyone suggest how I could improve the performance and therefore user
experience please.

Thank you.