flex-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Fuqua" <m...@availdata.com>
Subject RE: RemoteObject question
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2013 21:24:08 GMT
1.  I am anticipating no more than 10 records (usually just one or two at a
time) sent up as an array.  The SQLite database is queried, an array created
and sent to a remote CFC via RemoteObject.

2.  No more than 10 records received from a CFC as a Query object, which
will then be put in an ArrayCollection, which will be looped to do Insert or
Replace into a SQLite database.

If a user is scrolling a list while this is happening, will it be obvious?

It seems like the list, with an IconItemRenderer, is pretty resource hungry
as is.  The list scrolls nicely and is the most intensive view...the rest
are somewhat static once rendered.  However, my testing phone is a Motorola
MotoX, which is pretty new and beefy, so it will most likely be worse for
many users.

Any thoughts?  Is there a performance benefit to using RemoteObject in
ActionScript rather than MXML? Or is the compiled version pretty much the
same?

Thanks,

Mark