flex-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Fuqua" <m...@availdata.com>
Subject RemoteObject question
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2013 14:12:27 GMT
I have to do syncing between SQLite and remote database.  In my research,
there are mentions that asynchronous RemoteObject requests will not freeze
the UI.  Is that true?  FWIW, this is a mobile application.

If this is true, it simplifies the process a bit.

Actionscript workers seem a bit complicated for a NOOB and don't work for
IOS.  If RemoteObjects won't freeze my UI, I can stop worrying about
multi-threading or pseudo multi-threading, which I guess is actually what
Workers are.

Mark Fuqua

mark@availdata.com

2301 Mount Carmel Road