flex-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Fuqua" <m...@availdata.com>
Subject RE: SQLite query vs. Filtering ArrayCollection
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2013 19:16:40 GMT
Thanks Lee...I'm going to try the SQLite way...seems cleaner somehow.

As to workers, I have never used them, but need to with RemoteObject calls
in this same application.  I want to do the RemoteObject calls in the
background to avoid having the UI freeze up. Hoping I can find a good
tutorial somewhere...though it is a pretty new topic.

Am I correct in thinking that handing the communication with remote data
over to 'workers' will keep my interface from stalling?

Mark

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, November 08, 2013 2:03 PM
To: users@flex.apache.org
Subject: Re: SQLite query vs. Filtering ArrayCollection

i dont think there's a simple answer - it depends on the amount of data you
are dealing with, whether the database is indexed etc. i would say, the more
data to deal with, the more likely that a SQL call would be quicker (and
probably with a lower memory footprint).

to confuse matters, a third option would be to use workers to handle the
filtering in the background.

--
Lee Burrows
ActionScripter