flex-users mailing list archives

From Frédéric THOMAS <webdoubl...@hotmail.com>
Subject [FlexMojos] Compiling resource modules
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2013 13:44:41 GMT
Hi,

I've got the requirement to create 3 runtime locales resource bundles for the main applications
which will be loaded as needed at runtime, the main app has no compiled locales declared.

This [1] is how to do with the mxmlc compiler, my problem is that:
flexmojos-maven-plugin:6.0.1:compile-swf failed: SourceFile not specified and no default found!

FM complains because there's no sources which is normal, the sources are in the main app.
In src/main/flex I have my locale property files, one folder per locale.

My question is, how can I achieve that ?

This is my pom.xml for one of them:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
         xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd">
    <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
    <parent>
        <groupId>myGroupId</groupId>
        <artifactId>ResourceBundles</artifactId>
        <version>6.2-SNAPSHOT</version>
    </parent>
    <artifactId>Resources</artifactId>
    <packaging>swf</packaging>

    <build>
        <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <groupId>net.flexmojos.oss</groupId>
                <artifactId>flexmojos-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                <extensions>true</extensions>
                <configuration>
                    <storepass/>
                    <localesRuntime>
                        <locale>en_US</locale>
                        <locale>fr_FR</locale>
                        <locale>de_DE</locale>
                    </localesRuntime>
                    <localesSourcePath>${basedir}/src/main/flex/{locale}</localesSourcePath>
                    <resourceBundleNames>{artifactId}-{locale}-{classifier}</resourceBundleNames>
                    <includeResourceBundles>
                        <rb>Resources</rb>
                    </includeResourceBundles>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>
        </plugins>
    </build>
</project>

Thanks,
Frédéric THOMAS

[1] from http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/html/help.html?content=l10n_5.html
Compiling a resource moduleTo compile a resource module, you must use the mxmlc command-line
compiler. You cannot compile resource modules by using Flex Builder. The output is a SWF file
that you can then load at run time.To compile a resource module on the command line, use the
following guidelines:Do not specify an MXML file to compile.Specify the include-resource-bundles
option.Specify the locale by using the locale option.Add the locales to the source path.The
include-resource-bundles option takes a comma-separated list of resource bundles to include
in the resource module. You generated this list of required resource bundles in Determining
the required resource bundles to include in a resource module.When compiling a resource module,
you must also specify the locale by using the locale option.The following example compiles
a resource module for the en_US locale:mxmlc -locale=en_US     -source-path=locale/{locale}
   -include-resource-bundles=RegistrationForm,collections,containers,controls,core,     effects,skins,styles
    -output en_US_ResourceModule.swf

You can compile the resources for only a single locale into each resource module. As a result,
you cannot specify more than one locale for the locale option.You should use a common naming
convention for all of your locales' resource modules. For example, specify the locale in the
SWF file's name, but keep the rest of the file name the same for all locales. This is because
when you load the resource module, you want to be able to dynamically determine which SWF
file to load. In the previous example, the resource module for the en_US locale is named en_US_ResourceModule.swf.
If you then generated a resource module for the es_ES locale, it would be named es_ES_ResourceModule.swf.