flex-users mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: why first browser loading of Flex app takes so long?
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2013 04:26:29 GMT
The default progress bar has two phases: downloading and initializing.
The progress bar should display one of those words.  If 30 seconds is
happening during the initializing phase, then it means that the SWF is
already downloaded and all of the time is being consumed creating,
initializing and laying out components.

The profiler will show you the where the time is going.

-Alex