flex-users mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Extending Spark Button Skink
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2013 16:35:10 GMT
IMO, the difficulty of adding a new property/style to the skin is a flaw
in the Spark skinning model.  You will have to subclass button so you can
use a that as the hostcomponent of your custom skin.

I believe a workaround is to use getStyle() in the skin to get a custom
CSS property, and define custom selectors for each of the buttons.  You
will not be able to use the custom CSS property in MXML attributes without
subclassing Button, though, so you have to use ID or Class selectors or
something like that.

-Alex