flex-users mailing list archives

From Javier Guerrero GarcĂ­a <javi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using FXG in Air Mobile - What's best for the performance in my case...
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2013 12:02:13 GMT
I had a similar problem, but with smoothed bitmap brand logos on scrolling
list of clothing items.

Finally, and mobile performance oriented, best solution seemed to be adding
all the images to stage with visibility="false", smoothed, cachedAsBitmaps,
opaqueBackgrounds and so on, and just set one visibility to true according
to your condition (or just bind the visibility to some changing var like
visibleIndex). Add some nice fades on showEffect and hideEffect, and you're
done :)

Hope it helps :)