flex-users mailing list archives

From João Fernandes <joaopedromartinsfernan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tracing in non debugging players
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2013 10:37:51 GMT
Mark, what kind of logging are you trying to achieve? Are you expecting to
track problems remotely while they're running the app with a release
version of the player?

For Scout I would only recommend if you're trying to track your app running
locally or in a remote computer where it's doable configuring telemetry
communication to a remote host so you could see in real time user's
sessions. Of course, if you don't know your users and configuring a custom
telemetry session in a remote computer is not an option, you clearly need
to use some kind of logger and send it to some kind of service. There are a
few apps out there with that kind of capabilities like MonsterDebugger[1].
Regarding Telemetry you can see how to span custom markers[2] that will
show inside Adobe Scout.

[1] http://demonsterdebugger.com/
[2]
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/scout/articles/adobe-scout-custom-telemetry.html

On 22 October 2013 11:23, mark goldin <markzolotoy@gmail.com> wrote:

> Not sure how I would do this. Can you explain, please?
>

> On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 5:09 AM, João Fernandes <
> joaopedromartinsfernandes@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > You could always try to leverage telemetry API where you can spawn custom
> > markers and they'll show up in your session inside Adobe Scout.
> >

> > On 22 October 2013 11:04, mark goldin <markzolotoy@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Is there any code around for such AIR app to listen to the web app?

Is

--

João Fernandes