flex-users mailing list archives

From modjkl...@comcast.net
Subject Re: why first browser loading of Flex app takes so long?
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2013 02:27:05 GMT
Not sure if it makes a difference here, but note that I have checked the "Merge into code"
(under Flex Build Path, Framework Linkage), and the total Main.swf file is 2 MB. Also, I'm
using the nightly build for Flex SDK (as of yesterday), Flash Builder 4.7, and Flash Player
11.9 (not the debug version).

----- Original Message -----

From: modjklist@comcast.net
To: "apache flex users" <users@flex.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, October 28, 2013 6:45:14 PM
Subject: why first browser loading of Flex app takes so long?

Newbie question here: I just uploaded my first flex app to a server and ran it. The app is
2 MB in size. My internet download speed is at least 2 MB/second. I expected the application
to load and show me the first screen in about a second.

However, when I click the application's link to run it, I get a progress bar that takes 30
seconds to complete, before the first page of my web app appears. The time it takes for this
progress bar to complete cannot be related to my internet download speed, so what exactly
is going on? Is this normal? Any way to speed this up?