flex-users mailing list archives

From modjkl...@comcast.net
Subject Re: blurry fonts
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2013 14:24:39 GMT
I've always had problems with embedded fonts in 4.5.1 SDK. I've tried so much to overcome it.
Seems no matter which version of Arial or Helvetica I embed, the spark text always looks shorter
and fat (e.g. blurry), and the mx text looks tall and skinny. The hinting options, while having
an effect, don't seem to correct this. If anyone has settings that make an embedded font (Arial
or Helvetica) look normal, I'd really like to try them.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Chiverton" <tc@extravision.com>
To: users@flex.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, October 3, 2013 6:59:30 AM
Subject: Re: blurry fonts

On 03/10/2013 14:54, Miguel Ferreira wrote:
> I am finalizing a updated to my costumer from flex 4.1.0 to flex 4.10.0 and the fonts
really look horrible.
We had the same issue when migrating up from Adobe Flex 4.1 to Apache
4.x - it took some experimenting with the various hinting options for
the font, as well as embedding a few different fonts before we found a
combination that worked well.
I'd start by stripping out any relevant styles, then add in a specific
embeded font, then have a look at the various hinting options available.

Tom