flex-users mailing list archives

From Lee Burrows <subscripti...@leeburrows.com>
Subject Re: SKD 4.10 Spark Datagrid skin change
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2013 09:40:05 GMT
The default skin for DataGrid has changed - if you're using a custom
skin you'll need to update it.

As it happens i only discovered this yesterday:

In 4.9.1 and previous, the skin contained:

<s:Grid ...>
     <s:GridLayer name="backgroundLayer"/>
     <s:GridLayer name="selectionLayer"/>
     <s:GridLayer name="editorIndicatorLayer"/>
     <s:GridLayer name="rendererLayer"/>
     <s:GridLayer name="overlayLayer"/>
</s:Grid>

As of 4.10.0 it is:

<s:Grid ...>
     <s:gridView>
         <fx:Component>
             <s:GridView>
                  <s:GridLayer name="backgroundLayer"/>
                  <s:GridLayer name="selectionLayer"/>
                  <s:GridLayer name="editorIndicatorLayer"/>
                  <s:GridLayer name="rendererLayer"/>
                  <s:GridLayer name="overlayLayer"/>
              </s:GridView>
         </fx:Component>
     </s:gridView>
</s:Grid>

On 11/10/2013 07:26, modjklist@comcast.net wrote:
> Hi experts,
>
> I'm migrating my app from SDK 4.5.1 to 4.10, and I've noticed a change in spark datagrid
behavior.

> In 4.10, if I place the mouse inside a spark datagrid header over the column separator,
then left-click and drag the mouse outside of the header row, then release the left-click
mouse button clearly outside the header region, the mouse icon remains as the resize-column
icon instead of the mouse pointer icon.

> Can anyone confirm or deny this behavior for SDK 4.10 by repeating this experiment?
>
> In 4.5.1 and 4.6 SDKs, the mouse icon changes back as you'd expect.
>
> If this is not a bug in SDK 4.10, and it only occurs for me, which skin file controls
this behavior? I've updated this skin,

> /Adobe Flash Builder 4.10/sdks/4.10/frameworks/projects/spark/src/spark/skins/spark/DefaultGridHeaderRenderer.mxml
>
> but it didn't change this behavior.
>
> Is there another skin that I may have changed in 4.5.1 or other file that controls this
behavior that I should update from 4.5.1 to 4.10 SDK?

--
Lee Burrows
ActionScripter