flex-users mailing list archives

From "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Usage of Adobe Scout
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2013 10:12:53 GMT
Hi Gyus :)

Today I have a question.

In one of my last Flex projects I am experiencing some performance issues. The amount of data
being processed by the client has increased by a factor of about 10 and now I am having some
major usability problems. In order to track them down, I got my hands on the 30 Day trial
of Adobe Scout as part the Adobe Creative Cloud suite. I even managed to get my application
to display data in Scout by using the "Scout Enabler" Tool (http://renaun.com/blog/2012/12/enable-advanced-telemetry-on-flex-or-old-swfs-with-swf-scount-enabler/)

Just a short side-question here ... do I have to only enable advanced telemetry for my loader
applications swf or do I have to enable it for all loaded modules and rsls too?

Now when looking at Scout I can see a lot of data, a liitle information about where how much
time is used. But as soon as I really want to see where the performance problems are, I seem
to be unable to see anything. The AvtivitySequence shows me that 98% of the time is used in
"enterFrame" and as soon as I expand that, I can see loads of stuff, but all has about 0%
of these 98% ... looking though the list, there doesn't seem to be anything causing my problems.

Is there any tutorial about how to track down Performance issues using Scout?

Chris