flex-users mailing list archives

From modjkl...@comcast.net
Subject SDK 4.9 and later users: this spark datagrid-column sort / resize bug effects you
Date Sun, 13 Oct 2013 20:22:14 GMT
If important for your application, please vote up this JIRA issue so that it may be addressed
as soon as possible.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-33818

note 1: SDK 4.11.0 release candidate 1 also contains these bugs.
note 2: Use the application in the JIRA or your own application to see the issues.

I'm looking for a workaround to use until it gets fixed. Anyone have any ideas?

Regarding the first problem noted in the JIRA case, I tried setting an addEventListener for
"mouse up" that covered the entire application, then manually removing the stretchCursor:

<s:Application ... creationComplete="start()">

private function start():void {
this.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_UP, mouseUpHandler);
}

private function mouseUpHandler(e:MouseEvent):void {
CursorManager. removeAllCursors();
}
</s:Application>

While this does restore the system cursor, future mouse hovers over the datagrid's column
separator thereafter no longer display the stretchCursor icon, although the column will resize
if you click and drag on the separator. Not sure how to improve on that.

Would welcome any suggestions for short-term solutions since it could take a couple releases
for a permanent fix to be implemented.

Otherwise, I'll have to eliminate datagrid-column resizing (and perhaps sort also, although
the bug for sort isn't as obviously "broken" to the user) from the app, to avoid confusing
users. I'd really not like to do that though.