flex-users mailing list archives

From modjkl...@comcast.net
Subject Re: any techniques to spread drawing of screen over several frames?
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2013 21:08:11 GMT
Thanks Alex,

I searched, and I'm not using creationPolicy in the app.

I'm using spark State, rather than a navigator view (such as spark NavigatorContent).

I do see in Scout that the LayoutManager.doPhasedInstantiation (mx.managers) occupies 98%
of the total time for the frame in question. If I analyze the memory allocations, I see (for
the specific frame in question):

LayoutManager.doPhasedInstantiation (mx.managers): Allocations = 63405 (memory=19600 KB)

which is broken down as:

- LayoutManager.validateProperties (mx.managers): Allocations = 34210 (memory=11327 KB)
- LayoutManager.validateDisplayList (mx.managers): Allocations = 25588 (memory=7137 KB)
- LayoutManager.validateSize (mx.managers): Allocations = 3607 (memory=1137 KB)

I have no idea if this is good or bad, as something allocated may have gotten deallocated
via garbage collection (?).

I've used FB profiler before, but I tend to got lost among all the data and windows to the
point where I don't know what's going on anymore. Is there an easy way to extract the call
count for LayoutManager.doPhasedInstantiation for a specific frame (and how to identify that
frame in the first place)?

I've started up the Profiler just now and it's exhibiting some odd behavior. The timeline
grows as expected, but even though my app is running fine, the profiler shows no activity
(the Memory Usage graph is flatlined at 0 and the Live Objects table is empty). I tried on
FB 4.6 and 4.7, same result. It used to work fine on FB 4.6. Any idea what it could be? The
application path points to the correct bin-debug/Main.html file...