flex-users mailing list archives

From modjkl...@comcast.net
Subject Re: any techniques to spread drawing of screen over several frames?
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2013 21:52:34 GMT
Thanks Alex,

It shows 23 calls to LayoutManager.doPhasedInstantiation.

Note that I clicked "Reset...", then clicked the button that switches
the app to the new view state, then waited for the state to display completely
on the screen, then clicked "Capture...". I'm sure there were many frames
that occurred between clicking "Reset..." and "Capture...", one of which was the
long frame in question. Not sure how to isolate the capture to that particular long frame

in question ... should I worry about this?

----- Original Message -----

From: "Alex Harui" <aharui@adobe.com>
To: users@flex.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 2:37:50 PM
Subject: Re: any techniques to spread drawing of screen over several frames?

You want to do performance profiling instead of memory profiling in the FB
profiler.

Can you control when the code you want to profile will run? Maybe by
clicking a button or something?

When you launch the profiler, check both the memory and performance boxes,
then the app should start up. In the profiler perspective, there should
be two tabs in the upper right "Profile" and "Saved Profile Data" and next
to that are a bunch of icon buttons. One has the tooltip "Reset
Performance Data" and the other is "Capture Performance Profile". Click
the "Reset..." button then hit the button in your app that will run the
code, then go back to the profiler and hit the "Capture..." button. That
should put a performance snapshot in the "Profile" tab that you can
double-click to view, and that has call counts.