flex-users mailing list archives

From modjkl...@comcast.net
Subject Re: Safari browser never caches my Flex application, other browsers do
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2013 17:43:04 GMT
I should have mentioned the expire header for swf files is set in .htaccess to 1 month, so
this shouldn't be the cause.

----- Original Message -----

From: modjklist@comcast.net
To: "apache flex users" <users@flex.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2013 10:37:23 AM
Subject: Safari browser never caches my Flex application, other browsers do

Just went live with my first app, and I noticed whenever I click on the web link to open my
app, Safari always downloads the swf file. Safari never pulls the swf file from cache after
the first click.

I went to other sites on the web, and their flex apps do get cached correctly in Safari.

However, my app DOES cache correctly for all the other browsers (Firefox, Chrome, IE).

Anyone see this before or know how to correct it?

Note that (1) I don't have Private browsing enabled, (2) I verified in Safari's dev tools
that cache is enabled, (3) my .htaccess file uses expires headers that request html files
to always download (e.g. ExpiresByType text/html "access plus 0 seconds"), although changing
this from 0 seconds to 1 month had no effect.