flex-users mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: SystemManager seems to call addChildAt > out of bounds
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2013 22:29:54 GMT
The Flex framework is a layer over the Flash Player.  The SystemManager is
the framework's wrapper of the Flash 'root'.  You are supposed to only use
Flex APIs and avoid low-level, unwrapped Flash APIs unless you really know
what you are doing.

I can't see anything wrong with the code snippets you've shown us, but it
appears you are launching the alert from within a Tween which is not a
common practice, but should be ok, but if you have a tween doing low-level
Flash API manipulation of the root, that could cause trouble.

HTH,
-Alex