flex-users mailing list archives

From JP Bader ...@zavteq.com>
Subject Re: Tabbing order
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2013 15:55:30 GMT
Not sure if this would be a good workflow, but build an array of all the
items on the screen and set tab order dynamically if they satisfy whatever
criteria your section generation creates. in my experience, forms engines
would be predefined somehow, so the page was generated dynamically, but the
db dictating the formation of said screen could have other information
appended to it (i.e. the tab ordering). In that case, I could process the
information and based on id or something else, set the tab orders.
Otherwise, very manually, you can create a method that looks at all items
you created dynamically, and checks if they should be interacted with
(vbox/group vs textarea). Check their x/y positions, parent groups, etc,
and determine heuristically the tab order. That algorithm might be more
complex, but who knows that's what you want.

Just my 2 cents.

JP

--
JP Bader