flex-users mailing list archives

From Jiem <jeanmichel.vil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SystemManager seems to call addChildAt > out of bounds
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2013 22:50:30 GMT
Yes that's something I have figured out 3 years ago when I started to work
on this project. Oh god it was a pain when I understood how bad Flex mixes
with basic AS3 and its APIs. But I don't give up easily and today it's
probably one the biggest game project using Flex (http://faeria.net/).

GAME contains a lot of non flex stuff. It contains groups and lots of
UIcomponent to which I attach pure Sprites and use tweens on them.
So you mean that maybe that custom tween library does specific stuff on the
root? I've just scanned its source code and there's no occurence of root.
This API has been written by a harmless, thoughtful guy.

Everything else works perfectly. An option is to find an alternative to
using Alert. The beta starts tomorrow :-)

--

*Jean-Michel Vilain
*Game Designer, Developper +32.498.306.824