flex-users mailing list archives

From OmPrakash Muppirala <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: iOS7 broke Flex?
Date Sun, 22 Sep 2013 20:50:28 GMT
On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 1:27 PM, Jeffry Houser <jeffry@dot-com-it.com>wrote:

>  I don't have all the answers; as I haven't upgraded my own devices yet,
> but...
>

> On 9/22/2013 3:02 PM, boulevardr wrote:
>
>> I'm not technical, so I contacted the developer we contracted with to
>> develop the iPad app, and here's his response:
>>
>> "ios7 broke flex and I can't build anything at the moment. Also they have
>> new requirements for new icon sizes for ios7 and flex is not supporting it
>> just yet which makes it not possible to deploy anything until an update is
>> made."
>>

>  It appears to me that the "icon support" would be an AIR thing; not a
> Flex thing.  Icons for apps are defined in the app descriptor file.  It is
> my memory that you can define any sizes you wish beyond the defaults
> specified when the main application file is created.
>
>  It may take a while for Adobe to release a new version of AIR with iOS7
> support; however I believe it is possible [if you are on a Mac] to use
> Flash Builder to specify the iOS SDK independent of the one included in
> Adobe AIR.
>
>  Maybe someone else can chime in with specifics.

Support for iOS7 will be coming in AIR 3.9 which is in beta right now:
http://labsdownload.adobe.com/pub/labs/flashruntimes/shared/air3-9_flashplayer11-9_releasenotes.pdf

The release notes state that:

"Support for iOS7 – iOS7 is approaching and we are making sure that AIR is
compatible and performs as expected. The iOS applications can now use the
Native Extensions built with iOS 7 APIs. The newly introduced icons are
also supported"

Thanks,
Om