flex-users mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: New Date issues
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2013 22:00:10 GMT
Hi,

> They changed the date by 3 weeks or so.  So all dates in that range are
> affected.  Might happen during the fall "back" time period too.

From memory I think FP has a single set of dates for daylight saving time (per locale) and
not a database year by year so has issues with DST depending on how far back you go.

The official documentation generally helps:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/Date.html

"However, the transition dates currently in effect are applied to dates in the past and the
future, so the daylight saving time bias might calculate incorrectly for dates in the past
when the locale had different transition dates."

Thanks,
Justin