flex-users mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Chasing memory leaks - ChangeWatcher.watch ignores useWeakReferences if there is a chain
Date Sun, 22 Sep 2013 21:45:01 GMT
HI,

> This seems to be the same issue as reported in FLEX-27837, which was
> created over 2 years ago - marked as Major and 'easyfix'.

This was a reasonable old bug that was raised against Adobe who didn't do anything with it,
the binding/change watcher is fairly complex code and any changes would need to be carefully
considered and tested. There's probably only a few people who know the internals well.

I went though and marked some bugs as "easyfix" to help other users/committers find some easy
wins to fix from the large number that were unresolved from Adobe. It may be that this bug
isn't as easy to fix as some of the others I marked easyfix.

> Is there a reason it hasn't been fixed (I.E: its behaviour is believed to
> be correct)
I'd just assume that no one has taken a look at it in detail. We are all volunteers here and
people work on what interests then in the small amount of time they can give the project.

I suggest you vote for the bug and add your findings to it and then hopefully someone can
work out the correct fix and test it.

Thanks,
Justin